At Crate Gang, LLC, the security and integrity of our customers' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high level of service they expect.
- the types of information we collect from you and how that information is collected;
- how we use such information;
- the circumstances under which we disclose such information to others;
- the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to modify, such information; and
- the mechanisms we have implemented designed to protect your personally identifiable information.
Information Collected By Crate Gang
We collect information about you when you visit and use our site and services (collectively, the “Site”), and particularly when you enter or input information, whether during the course of entering, initiating, fulfilling and transmitting information or otherwise in connection with your general activities and/or use of the Site. You can visit the Site and learn about Crate Gang, our related products and services, and find out how to contact us without giving us any personally identifiable information.
Information You Give to Us
We collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of contexts. For example, you may be required to provide such information to us if you: (1) complete an online registration form (e.g., registering for an account, various sign-up forms for receiving email newsletters, registering for special offers, promotions or programs, entering a contest/sweepstakes or responding to a survey); (2) fill out a form to request information; (3) register to participate in message boards and chat rooms (if any) and other community features; or (4) purchase any products or services from us. Such information may include your name, email address, mailing address and zip code, phone number, and, where appropriate, a valid credit card number with expiration date. Of course, you never have to answer any of the questions we ask you (nor choose to view or listen to any multimedia content or otherwise interact with our Site), but refusal to do so may limit the products or services we can offer or provide to you.
If you choose to post messages to our message boards or other message areas or leave feedback for other users, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems, and as otherwise permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
For your security, we do not store any of your credit card or billing information on our servers. If you have a monthly subscription, your automatic payment information for your subscription is only stored with either PayPal/BrainTree or Authorize.net. For further information regarding our security protocols, please contact us directly.
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” (small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes) to assist us in providing our services. Cookies make using the Site easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you, helping identify you whenever you return to our Site, and reducing the number of times you are required to enter your password during a session. Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted toward your interests and preferences. Most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. However, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent (note: you may need to consult your browser’s “Help” area for instructions on how to do that). If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site and you may be required to reenter your password more frequently during a session.
We automatically track certain information based upon your use of the Site. We use this information on an aggregated basis to conduct internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and preferences, and to improve the Site and user experience. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
Our Use of Your Information
We use your information to facilitate the provision of services you request. When you purchase services from Crate Gang, we will use your personally identifiable information to process and fulfill your order and for customer service purposes. Many online customers are particularly concerned about their credit card information, which we will share only as required by companies involved in your transaction (e.g., fulfillment, billing, mailing, storage or delivery services). We will not share your credit card information with any other company or third party unless that company needs the number for the fulfillment or delivery of your order. We do not rent, sell or share credit card information with promotional partners or other third parties.
We may also use the information we collect about you to analyze Site usage, improve our content and product offerings, customize the Site’s content, layout, and services, update you about our products or services, or to contact you about exciting offers of new products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You always have the option to receive fewer or no communications in the future from us by opting out. You may opt out by following the instructions included in the specific communication you no longer wish to receive or by sending an email at any time to email@example.com and explaining how you would like to modify your preferences.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may make your information available to others:
- Who provide information, products, goods or services that you have requested via the Site;
- When we have retained companies to work with or on behalf of Crate Gang to facilitate our operations and the products and services we provide to you (such companies are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are restricted from using the same in any way not expressly authorized by Crate Gang);
- When you use co-branded services – in which case you are giving us permission to pass any information you provide in the context of our co-branding and marketing relationship, back to our co-branding partner. Their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies;
- When we are legally compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
- If we believe such disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable laws or regulations, to enforce or apply the terms of our Subscription Agreement or any of our terms and conditions and policies relating to promotions, programs, product offerings or any other features or functions of the Site, or to protect and/or defend the rights, property or safety of Crate Gang, its suppliers, advertisers, other customers or users, or any other party;
- Who are affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures;
- Who are trusted third parties (e.g., promotional partners and advertisers) so that they can promote their products and services and those of their affiliates and partners based on your preferences and interests. You may "opt out" of such disclosure(s) to the extent they include your personally identifiable information by sending an email at any time to customerservice@CrateGang.com indicating your intent to do so. If you do not so opt out and we share your personally identifiable information (but not emails) with such trusted third parties, their use of such information is subject to their own privacy policies. We do not rent or sell subscriber email addresses to third parties;
- Who are users of the Site solely to the extent you choose to make such information publicly available by posting it to your profile in connection via our message boards, content reviews & ratings, or other Crate Gang community services; and/or
- In the event of a bankruptcy, or a merger, acquisition, joint venture or other business combination involving us.
Reviewing and Changing Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can access, review, update and correct personally identifiable information you have provided us by clicking on the My Profile section of the Site. If you prefer, you can also contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explaining how you would like to modify your preferences. You must promptly update the information contained in the My Profile section of the Site if it changes or is inaccurate. Once posted, you may not be able to change or remove any public postings made by you on the Site, including our chat rooms or other message areas.
Security & Safeguarding Your Personally Identifiable Information
Crate Gang cares about the security of your personally identifiable information. We follow generally accepted industry security standards designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to and disclosure and use of such information. When you provide credit card information, we use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption for that data. We employ 256-bit encryption technology in all areas of the site which require you to provide personal or account information, including those areas related to online ordering. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with Internet transactions. To make sure you have the latest security features on your browser, you may want to download the most recent version of your favorite browser, which should have full SSL support. While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your personally identifiable information.
For Parents Concerning the Privacy of Information on Their Children
The Site is a music industry professionals only audience website and is not directed to children under the age of 14. We will never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 14 without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of 14, please do not provide us with personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to web sites and services owned or maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy and data collection policies and practices implemented by such third parties, some of which may be substantially different from our corresponding policies and practices. We encourage you to carefully review their respective privacy policies and ask questions directly of them in this regard. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and any submission of data to such websites shall be at your sole risk.
How to Contact Us